3 Day intensive course focusing on a range of subjectsranging from the history fo the coffee bean to customer service skills.
VRQ CITY AND GUILDS
3 DAY COURSE
vrq city & guilds
This course is three days in length. It offers comprehensive training and education in barista skills that range from the history of the coffee bean to customer service. The qualification you will receive is accredited by both City & Guilds and the BSA (Beverage Standards Association).
You will study and learn about:
- The origin of coffee, the plant, process and distribution across the globe.
- Understanding the product, de-caf, flavours and blending.
- Espresso, learning about what makes the perfect shot of coffee.
- Coffee grinders, learning how they work and how to work with them to make perfect espresso.
- How to steam milk, learn about how to produce micro-foam, the tiny bubbles that make a drink sweet, more-ish and delicious.
- Coffee drinks menu, you will cover all the drinks and how to achieve a balanced taste, consistency and fantastic appearance when serving to your customer.
- The origin of tea, from Green to Oolong, an essential area for baristas to know about, but often forgotten.
- Filter coffee, the variety of brewing methods and the technique and taste behind them
Water quality and filtration, an integral part of the product and process that is important to understand.
- Smoothies, recipes and technique will be covered.
- The origin of cocoa, the plant, harvest and process that is involved in making chocolate
Professional customer service, looking at how to manage your customers needs, requests, complements and complaints.
The VRQ qualification covers parts of the industry, product and service that so many baristas know little to nothing about. With this knowledge you not only have an incredible advantage, you also have the official accreditation to work with some of the leading restaurants, bars and cafes in the industry.
Dates Available: 19th, 20th & 21st November.